Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Day 16 - July 12, 2013


Day 16 – July 12, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ – Albuquerque, NM

420 miles/6 hours
Temperature - 95 degrees

Albuquerque Airport Courtyard, Rm 411

 I woke up around 6 and Audrey and I snuck out to Starbucks.  When we returned, all three boys were still asleep.  I caught up on emails, bills, reservations and maps.  Then we packed up and loaded the car.  I have to admit I was a bit sad pulling out of the resort – definitely left with a heavy heart.
We had some errands to run.  My car charger was broken and the iPad charger was MIA.  We found a Verizon store and then I got the kids something to eat.  I had a funny feeling about the car – can’t explain it, but she didn’t feel right.  I went to Jiffy Lube for a checkup.  She was a little better after that, but I do think the heat and the mountains got to my girl.  It was a little rough driving in eastern Arizona.  I had no idea how many mountain there were, but once we got to I40/Route 66, the car seemed happy.

The drive was gorgeous, but it was a long boring day.  We lost an hour because we were back in Mountain Standard Time, once we crossed the New Mexico border.  We got to the hotel in Albuquerque about 6:30 and were next door for dinner, at Applebee’s, by 7.   Applebee's on a Friday night provided some very interesting people-watching.
Momma’s tired, but very happy that the kids are all healthy.  We're watching Dodge Ball on MTV, and I’m anticipating an early bedtime.  Big day planned tomorrow.

Quote of the day:
I don’t have one, kind of a boring day!

 
Bye-Bye Camelback




 
Coming up on Albuquerque

No comments:

Post a Comment