Day 13 - July 9, 2013
Temperature 96
Sedona, Arizona
The Sedona Real – the
Vortex of Vomit.
I did tons of laundry this morning – a lot of clothes were
wasted. Yuck. Rich took the kids to breakfast and gingerly fed
them. All appeared to be well, so we
were hopeful that we’d be able to go on the Jeep/Hummer tour that we’d booked –
months ago.
Yeah – not so much.
Poor Cammy could not get off the toilet.
I elected to stay home with him, as the Hummer was something I knew Rich
wanted to do. But he insisted that he
really needed to get some work done, so off I went with the older three.
The jeep (Hummer) ride, in my opinion, was okay. The ride was very rough and I was often
queasy. The views however, were
amazing. The tour guide was knowledgeable,
but he was also cheesy.
We got back to the hotel and I wanted to rescue Rich. He said Cammy was still down and out, but the
medicine was working because he hadn’t vomited at all. Hunter said his stomach, was better, but not
100%, so he didn’t want lunch. Rich suggested
I go do my thing and come back in an hour, so we could do lunch.
My thing was a visit to a mystical center. I
know, I know. But a few months ago,
one of the books I reviewed took place at a Spiritual Retreat and I was
intrigued by all the references to auras and charkas.
I wanted to find out the color of my aura. They also had psychics and asked if I wanted
to meet with one. Hell no! Too scared.
Anyhow, I did have my aura analyzed and charkas read and it was very
interesting. Too much to reveal, but
perhaps I will do a blog on it one day.
After returning to the hotel, Jeff, Rich, Bear and I went
out in search of lunch, while Jan held down the fort. Upon entering the restaurant, we were
overcome with a very unpleasant smell. I
thought it smelled like Indian food, the guys thought it was something sour or
stale. Whatever it was, Bear started to
gag, literally. Uh – oh. We immediately took
him outside. To be honest, he didn’t
look well. I was certain it was just the
smell and kept insisting he’d be
alright. I must point out, that Barrett
said he wanted lunch, which is why we brought him. I’m declaring temporary insanity, I really
am, because I don’t know why, but I really wanted this lunch to happen. I wanted to believe he was better – heck, he
survived two hours of being jostled around on the Hummer tour. So I stupidly walked back into that
restaurant, taking him with me. I was going to prove
(really?) to Rich that he was
fine.
We sat down at a table and the waiter brought us menus. I indicated that we’d need two more. “Great,” he said with a smile. Then…wait
for it…Barrett threw up all over the table and himself, just as Jeff and
Rich decided to make their appearance. Then Barrett stood up and threw up all over
the floor, prompting Rich and Jeff to turn around and leave. I shamefully apologized to the waiter who was
going to have to clean it up and slowly, with my tail tucked between my legs, escorted my obviously still sick
child out to the parking lot. Then mania
set in – I literally couldn’t stop laughing.
WTH?!?!?!! Seriously? Haven’t we had enough?
When we got back to the room, Barrett and Camden jockeyed
for the toilet. I cried. And cried.
That was the low point. Rich and
Jan both tried to relieve me, begged me to go shopping or something, but I just
wanted everyone to leave me alone.
That’s when I decided I’m going home when Rich flies out on Friday. I’m buying a box of depends (for the
children) and I am not going to stop until I get to Ryan’s Bluff.
DONE!
Quote of the day – you do not want to know!
Post Script – Written
on Day 14 – things may, may be
getting better. Going to take it one day
at a time.
Off we go.
Amazing views.
7000 feet above!
No comments:
Post a Comment