Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 15 - July 11, 2013


Day 15 – July 11, 2013
Scottsdale Arizona

Temperature 96 degrees
The Camelback Inn

I woke up with the worst headache and was very congested.  I know there are feathers in this room!!!!
Audrey and I went to the fitness center and worked out.  I really didn’t want to go, but she insisted and I have to say, it did wonders for me.  I need to get moving again, once everything slows down.  After the workout, we went to the Starbucks on property for breakfast. 

The kids and I went into the city, to do our thing.  We had to visit the capitol building!  It’s rather small (built in the late 1800s when Arizona was still just a territory), but it had an on-site museum.  It was really cool and we learned a lot about the struggles Arizona had to become a state.  There was also an original flag carried by Teddy Roosevelt when he gathered up the Rough Riders in Arizona, to bring them to Cuba.  I don’t know how the flag survived the Spanish American War and made it back to Arizona in one piece!
That was it for our tourism adventures.  The Cochrans had a scheduled 2p.m. departure, so they were hanging out by the pool until it was time to leave.  We joined them for our last hurrah.  It’s been a whirlwind, that’s for sure.  They’re spending the night in El Paso and then heading to Dallas and San Antonio.  My brood is going to Albuquerque, but without dad.  He flies home tomorrow.  I’m not sure what my plan is yet, thinking of changing our original route.  That’s the kind of summer it’s been!  We’ll see.

Rich and I had a farewell cocktail at the hotel bar, then went back to the room to order room service and hang out with the kids.  We sat out on the balcony, looking at the mountain, talking until late into the night.  As I said, it’s been quite a summer.  I’m nervous to go home and see what our new normal is.

Quote of the day:
Audrey, with vehement passion:  “You can do better than that!  Come on mom!  Come on!”   After I playfully “spanked” Hunter for walking through the suite’s living room - naked, looking for clothes.  Yes, I’m probably going to mommy Hell for writing this.


 
Arizona state Capitol building.



 
The cousins, taking all the floats at the pool.


 
This is trouble.

 
Bear and Cam, catching some rays.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment