Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 33 - June 30, 2012

Day 33 – June 30, 2012

Minneapolis/StPaul – Des Moines, IA

240 miles/3 hours, 45 minutes



We had a very easy drive today, all interstate.  It was beautiful!  Corn stalks for as far as the eyes could see, dotted with silos and red barns.  Gorgeous.

Much hotter in Iowa than Minnesota, but I will not complain, as all my loved ones back home are suffering 100+ temps! 

The Iowa State House may be one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen, but the kids begged me not to go in, and I relented….they were hot and I know I’ve pushed them too hard.

We checked in at our absolutely gorgeous hotel!!!!  It’s probably the nicest hotel so far, but there are no up charges!  We are in prime downtown & parking is free & so is internet & no bellman/valet (at least that I saw).

There is a swanky wedding going on, but I think they are more worried about my entourage, than I am about their after parties!   Should be a quite (fingers crossed) night.

We swam in the hotel pool for about an hour and then went to our favorite watering whole…Barnes & Noble, where we killed another hour.  Then we had a very nice dinner (by road trip standards) at the Rock Bottom Brewery.  Everyone has been wonderful today.

We are dialing up a movie tonight & going to bed early….big day planned tomorrow, heading to the Land of Lincoln.


Iowa, here we come


Downtown Des Mones


State House


Kids found cars outside the bookstore and helped themselves...




No comments:

Post a Comment