Day 27 – June 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
Well it was bound to happen, and happen it did….wedding partiers got “home” around 12:30, and woke me up. I’ve become such a fuddy-duddy. To their credit, the after-party only lasted till about 1:15ish….and they were much quieter than the Cape Cod Crew.
We slept in till 7:30, which was nice. I planned our strategy with my internet printouts and MapQuest. We had a lot to do and I was determined to dodge traffic. I’d heard on the news the night before that there was a big Gay Pride parade/celebration in the city today (on the North side), so I focused all our sights on the South side.
Curiously….this is the fourth city of our road tip where we ran into a Gay Pride celebration, not sure if their following us or we’re following them…
We visited the Robbie House (another Frank Lloyd Wright design), the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, Soldier Field, The Chicago Art Institute, Millennium Park, “the Bean”, Frank Lloyd Wright’s Chicago home, & the birth place of Ernest Hemingway. Not bad for a day’s tour!
The kids loved the science museum, it was very cool, even for a science phob like me! I loved the Art Museum….so many MonetsJ and very cool to see in person, colors were vivid. Although this museum was a few steps up from the one in Indy….security everywhere…so many rules, I was a freakin’ nervous wreck with Bear!
Highlight of the day, was Audrey explaining to Camden that the painting he was looking at was an examle of abstract art & it could be anything he wanted it to be. Thank you Mrs. Goforth.
We had lunch at a café in Millennium Park, which was nice. The kids were amazing today. We’re lovin’ Shy-Town.
We’re back at the hotel and the kids are swimming. I have an awful crook in my neck…I left MY pillow in Indy, so had to make do with the bag of cotton balls they call a pillow at the hotel….and I’ve been suffering all day. I stopped at Target for a new pillow, Ben Gay & Advil! Thinking about ordering pizza and laying low for the night. We have another big day tomorrow. So much to see!
The Robbie House
Museum of Science & Technology
Rock climbing
Soldier Field
The Art Institute of Chicago
Audie recognized the painting...she has a print in her room!
The Chicago bean
FLW's Oak Park Home
The birthplace of Ernest Hemingway, 1899
No comments:
Post a Comment