Day 31 – June 28, 2012
Madison, WI/Wisconsin Dells/Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
290 miles/5 hours
Much better day today, people, much better! Sorry for the vent yesterday.
After boogying out of Madison, we landed in Wisconsin Dells, which was very charming…, think Ocean City on a river…the Wisconsin River. I haven’t seen that many rollercoasters, well probably ever, one after the other…who knew? I was shaking in my shoes, thinking the kids would hound me about them, but I guess they were a bit imposing?
We took a jet boat ride on the river, full of high speed, donuts and lots of water. It was fun. The river and the surrounding rocks were so beautiful. I was going to suggest miniature golf, after the ride, but the kids were all anxious to get to the hotel…little did they know it was 4 hours away.
They were troopers, though. We got to Minneapolis/St. Paul about 3:30pm. Our hotel has a “play land”….kinda like McDonalds on steroids. I may not have to leave the hotel!
We had an early dinner and planning an early bedtime. Tomorrow we’re doing a quick tour of the Twin Cities, then the “play land” & the Mall of America.
Hot in Minnesota…95 degrees at 7p.m., but according to Rich, the ATL has us beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment