Day 28 – June 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
Another busy day. The Super-Troopers were awesome.
We slept until 8:15….swear to God. Don’t know what is happening to us! I know its summer vacay…but I still felt kind of guilty. Got to the city shortly after 10;00A.M. (TRAFFIC). Our timing was perfect. We literally walked right on the elevator to the Sky Deck of the Sears Tower (which has apparently been purchased by an English Company, not the Chinese dadJ-if you’re reading, and renamed the Willis Tower…will always be the Sears tower to me, even though I’d never been there before!).
Beautiful day & amazing views. They have a “Sky Deck” which is a punched-out, Plexiglas cube, on the 103rd floor! At first, only Hunter was brave enough to do it! Then we saw that there was another sky deck, where they were taking pictures. Audrey refused (but later changed her mind as evidenced by the photo below). I gingerly went out, holding Camden (who was not happy), and I was very, very scared. I swear at one point, I felt the thing move…I swear. The photographer said it was the camera moving. Bear was as nervous as I’ve EVER seen him, but he did it.
Next, we took the water taxi to Navy Pier. The girl on the boat did not like us (I think she sensed trouble, which I can understand, but she seriously, she did not like us). She followed us the whole time, for the 20 minute ride, she was beside us. The kids could kneel on the seats, which they had to do, to see anything, but their feet COULD NOT touch the seats? She yelled at everyone one of the kids, at least once. I didn’t dare say anything, if that tells you something. And honestly, they were strangely well behaved. After the first stop, the kids moved to the upper deck…she followed us, swear to God. Whatever….I’m the first to admit, when they’re assholes, but this time, they didn’t deserve it.
Navy Pier…windy! We rode the Ferris wheel, and I discovered Bear’s Achilles Heel. Wow….he did not like it. Not sure if it was the wind, cold, or height of the wheel, but he put his head in my lap and didn’t move it till we got off. Then he held my hand for 20 straight minutes!
Next, I threw the kids in a cab, to head to the American Girl Doll place….first cab ride for most of themJ. I was trying to save time, while they ate their French fries….and I really wanted to beat the traffic, too. The American Girl store is probably 3 times the size of the one in ATL …Aud was in heaven! Boys were pretty good, too. Then we walked along Michigan Avenue to the Chicago Riverwalk. What a gorgeous city. I really like it here.
We kept walking, all the way back to the car, 3 miles…I don’t know how I pulled it offJ, but I did. They were so mad at me when I told them how far we'd walked….lazy bums. And I had to carry Cammy 75% of the time!
Got an oil change on the way home and a cheap & easy fast food dinner….Chicago tourism adds up…cha-ching. Sad to go tomorrow, but also ready to move onto the next adventure.
Views from the 103rd floor
Brave Hunter
Cammy. not happy:(
On the water taxi
.
View of the Chicago Mart, from the water taxi
Navy Pier
Barrett - lost his mojo on the Ferris wheel
Chicago Riverwalk
Cab Ride
American Girl Mecca!
Just caught up on the last week or so- y'all are seeing so many fun things! Glad you're enjoying seeing so many different parts of the country and making great memories with your kids. Love the posts!
ReplyDelete