Day 9, June 7, 2018
Victoria, BC – Vancouver, BC
?? miles/4 hours.
Today’s journey was a little bit weird. I didn’t completely
understand the itinerary as it was described to me over the phone a few weeks
ago. If I had, I’m not a hundred percent sure I’d have signed up. We departed
Victoria by BUS, as a transfer to another ferry that would take us to
Vancouver. The bus ride was approximately 45 minutes (I fell asleep). At Swartz
Bay, on the northern side of Victoria, the bus drove onto the ferry and we left
our luggage and went up on deck to see the views. The ride was short, only
about an hour and a half. Once we arrived at Capital Station in Vancouver, we
got back on the bus and were driven to the Fairmont Hotel in Vancouver (where
sadly we were not staying!). Then we took a cab to our hotel. Once we finally
checked in, it was almost 5:00 P.M. Not much time for sight-seeing.
I was less than impressed with Vancouver, which was
disappointing. In Vancouver’s defense (I have some Canadian friends who become
quite displeased with me when I make unfavorable remarks about their country),
it was a very cold and drizzly day, and we were tired. Also, our hotel was by
the Canucks arena, so not really downtown, and we couldn’t find a cool
neighborhood in which to dine. We encountered many interesting people and I did
have to cover Camden’s eyes one time. Also, it was the Stanely Cup finals and
every venue we entered had the game playing loudly. Canadians love hockey. At
one restaurant (which we left before ordering due to the unruly crowd), Camden
spotted a sign directing patrons to Live Nudes in the back room. I had my back
to the sign and therefore was oblivious. I just remember Camden kept asking me
if he could go and see if they had an arcade. This was all revealed to me later
in the hotel. I guess my sweet boy is growing up☹.
That’s all I got. We have to go to bed super early because
tomorrow we need to catch a 6:30 A.M. train back to the States!




No comments:
Post a Comment