Day 11 & 12 - June 9-10, 2018
Seattle, WA
Two whole days in the same spot! Can you say, relaxing?!?!?!
We all slept in till 9 A.M. and it was heaven. I should mention that Barrett
has been sleeping like bear in hibernation. I don’t remember him ever sleep so
soundly and for so long in my life. He is chill!
We basically spent these two days sleeping, eating, watching
TV, catching up with friends and going on small excursions. Hunter took
advantage of his driver’s license and often went for a drive on his own. Haley
took the kids out to her haunts a few times. On Saturday, Michele took me to
where she works – Amazon Books. Now, some of you know I’m very upset (although
not entirely innocent!), about what Amazon has down to bookstores. Especially
when I see that they’ve occasionally taken over B&N storefronts. Still, a
bookstore is a bookstore, and I love my girl and she loves her job (and I’m
more than a little jealous that she gets to work in a bookstore). Imagine my
surprise when I discovered that I liked the store. I found it interesting how
they categorized the books. One fun section was - Books Recommended by Celebrities.
Also, every book in the store is displayed with its Amazon sales stats – ranking,
average review, and number of reviews.
Besides the bookstore, we (Audrey and I) also got into a
little trouble at Anthropology and Pac Sun. Enough said about that. Haley and
Audrey went off on their own, and Michele and I met her friend Laurie for a glass
(or two) of wine at the W in Bellevue. I love Laurie, who I met in Nashville
last September. We had so much fun giggling and talking about girl stuff and
life.
Another excursion was to the Elliott Bay Book Company in downtown
Seattle. Camden and Barrett joined us for that one. Coolest (aesthetically speaking) bookstore
I’ve ever seen! We also had lunch in Kirkland, which is another cute little Seattle
neighborhood (or town?) on the bay. The weekend weather ended up being very
pretty, with quite a bit of sun – and the views everywhere are beautiful. After
lunch we did a bit of window shopping and this time Michele was the one who
indulged (with my shameless prompting).
Very, very sad to be leaving tomorrow!
Drinks with Michele and Laurie
Big A!
Elliott Bay Books! Told you!
The boys while shopped.













No comments:
Post a Comment