Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Day 7 - June 5, 2018, Seattle, WA


Day 7 - June 5, 2018

Spokane, WA – Seattle, WA        

315 miles/4 hours

Our drive was pretty uneventful today. We left Spokane in the late morning (we were all guilty of sleeping in). The drive to Seattle was only four hours and all interstate. About halfway into our drive we came upon a huge gorge, which the Columbia River flows through. There was a look-out point, so we pulled over. The water was so blue, it was hard to believe it was a river. I don’t know, it was all kind of an anomaly for me, as it was in the middle of nowhere.

Just reread that paragraph……boring, but that’s all I got!

We’re staying in Bellevue with our friends, the Chamblins. A little back story: I’ve know Alex and Michelle longer than Rich. Alex and I worked together at the Ritz Carlton in Naples and lived in the same apartment building. I dated his best friend, and then Michele arrived on the scene. She started dating Alex, and the rest is history. I lost touch with them after they were married. Seven years later, when I first moved to Atlanta, I discovered that they were also living in the city. I got married, they moved to Charleston and Phoenix, and Rich and I moved to Baltimore. Years go by and we all end up back in Atlanta, living ten miles apart. We became a family and spent all our holidays together. Then they broke my heart and moved to Seattle.

After a long week of travel, it was like arriving home. Michele ushered me to the back porch and gave me a glass of wine. Music was playing, the fire pit was blazing, and Alex was working the grill. Bear made himself at home on Auntie Shell’s computer. Alex and Michele’s daughter, Haley, took Hunter, Audrey and Cammy for a spin in her jeep. Dinner was fantastic, and we went to bed super early. Tomorrow is an early rise!






No comments:

Post a Comment