Day 5, June 3, 2018
Bozeman, MT – Helena, MT – Whitefish, MT
320 miles/6hours.
Have you ever tried Kombucha tea? I bought some last night,
because I just read a book that touted the benefits and I figured I’d have it
for breakfast. Well, this morning I did. Lord have mercy it was the worst thing
I've ever tasted – it tasted like a$$. Yet me, the ever-believing-what-some-author-will-tell-me-to-improve-my-health-and-lengthen-my-life-person,
I kept drinking it. The kids didn’t believe me that it could be that bad. Oh
really? Well, I’ll pay you $20 to try it – and you have to swallow a healthy
sip. Hunter, ever the money-monger was up for the challenge. Oh, I wish I’d had
a video. He did it, but he did not like it. He had a mild melt down. “Why’d you
make me do that???” Um, make you? Audrey, never wanting to be overshadowed by
her brother, wanted her chance at $20. She was practically crying before it even
touched her lips. She plugged her nose and after a full minute of getting up her
nerve, went in for a sip. She gagged and spit it out. No money for her. Oh, I
haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. It was so funny!!! Good times😊.
Still in love with Montana. Today we traveled to Whitefish, MT, with stops in Helena and Missoula. Helena is a cute town, but based on the hour or so we spent there (mostly touring the capitol), I don’t think it’s anywhere I want to live. Most of you know, in our quest of visiting all 50 states, we
also have to see each capitol. With the exception of a handful, most capitol buildings
are similar. The biggest difference, in my opinion, is the access. Montana’s
capital had open doors and no security. In fact, with the exception of someone
at the information desk, we were the only people in the building. The murals in
the rotunda are beautiful. The Supreme Court and the Senate are tiny! We stopped in Missoula for lunch, which is another college town (Univ of Montana). Fun little downtown area and another bookstore (although not much to brag about - rude clerk).
Then it was on to Whitefish. The drive was stunning, and wow-factor
of Flathead Lake rivaled that of Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park. Unfortunately, my pictures don't do it justice. Whitefish
is a cute little resort town. Our hotel is at the top of Big Mountain, and my
ears popped on the way up. We’re staying in a true ski lodge. Very cool – except
there’s no elevator. Uh-oh, we don’t travel light and the kiddos were not
happy!
Great dinner down the mountain at a country club of all
places. I’m super excited for tomorrow – Glacier National Park.
Flathead Lake
See? We don't travel light...








No comments:
Post a Comment