Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Day 4 - Bozeman, MT, June 2, 2018


Day 4, June 2, 2018

Deadwood, SD – Bozeman, MT  

484 miles/6 ½ hours.

I’ve renewed my love affair with Wyoming!!!!!! Ah, and Montana. As soon as I crossed the border into Wyoming from South Dakota, I felt it in my bones! Early into Wyoming, I reached the top of a huge hill and saw the snow-covered Rockies, and I swear, my heart beat faster. The four-and-a-half-hour drive from Deadwood to Billings was stunning. Each and every mile took my breath away! The drive from Billings to Bozeman was beautiful, as well.

I scheduled Bozeman again on this year’s itinerary because I love this town. It’s the home of Montana State University and it has the most adorable downtown area. Good restaurants, eclectic shops – and TWO bookstores on Main Street. How cool is that?

We’re staying at a SpringHill suites and it’s the nicest SpringHill I’ve ever stayed. It has a bar (!) that serves Mer Soleil by the glass. Momma was happy. We strolled Main Street, I bought some cute charms, and a book (High Season by Judy Blundel). We had a fantastic dinner at a restaurant called Open Range, which could have only been decorated by Joanna Gaines. I must say, I was feeling quite at home in Bozeman.

Lest you think it was a perfect day. Frick and Frack got into a huge fight as we passed through Billings. The fur was literally flying in the back seat and I was rendered speechless. It was so bad, I didn’t dare get involved, and was afraid to let go of the wheel. As I glanced in my review mirror, I saw Barrett eating French fries, staring at his siblings as if it was a tennis match. His head moved back and forth as insults, fists, and phones lobbed in the air. He was dumbfounded. #lifeontheroad                                                       







No comments:

Post a Comment