Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 40 - July 7, 2012

Day 40 – July 7, 2012

Rose Hill, VA



Today was the big Garrett/Smith Family reunion.  We were up early and working….prepping food, cleaning, bathing kids, setting up tents, packing my car (I had 17 bags in the guest room!, had to clear them out so the guests could get to the bathroom).  Oh, and it was HOT today.   Once everything was done, and we were waiting for the first guests to arrive, I almost fell asleep in Dad’s Lazy Boy chair!

Anyway, before we knew it….everyone was here…it was crazy for a couple hours (and HOT).  It was very nice to meet so many extended family members, but also a little overwhelming. 

I’m happy to report the kids were very good.  Woo-hoo.

So everything’s cleaned up, and I’m packed….ready to go home.  One more drive tomorrow, and we will be!

I’ll post pictures tomorrow (my last blog of the tripL) of the reunion.  Very slow upload in the mountains!  Too tired to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment