Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 36 - July 3, 2012

Day 36 – July 3, 2012


Nashville, TN/Rose Hill VA


265 miles/5 hours


Grandmom & Granddad’s home – Smith Berry Farm


Well the kids woke up very excited to get to their grandparent’s house, but not excited enough to get right on the road.  They begged to go swimming in the hotel’s (outdoor) pool, since it had been raining the day before.  In a rare moment of early morning benevolence, I relented.  They swam (and probably woke up more than a few guests) while I read.  It was already in the high 80’s at 8:30a.m.


Then we (ME) loaded the car and ventured to the Grand Ole Opry.  I really wanted to see it….and the kids, really did not.  They complained and moaned that they wanted to see their dad and their grandparents….grrrr.  So, I only got to see the Opry from the outsideL.  I need to go back to Nashville, what a cool little town.


 The drive was beautiful.  We are so lucky to live in this country.


Somewhere around Knoxville…Barrett had had it.   And boy did he let us know it!   Yelling and screaming (Audrey swears he said “homesick”) and crying a little.  I felt really bad, until he grabbed a bag of popcorn and literally showered the car with it.  What a mess.  You do not even want to see (nor smell, for that matter) the inside of my car.


Once we came up on Cumberland Gap and the kids saw the “welcome to Virginia” sign….all Hell broke loose.  They went crazy.  They screamed for the next 20 minutes, until we pulled onto the drive of the farm.  We were greeted by Rich, on the four-wheeler.  I couldn’t stop the car fast enough, as the kids were clamoring get at him.


Nice quiet night.  Dad made me a Rose Hill martini and all the road irritations fell by the wayside!  G-mom & G-dad hooked the kids up with a pool, so everyone was happyJ!

Excited to go to the Grandparents

One last swim!

Opry Land


Virginia!  We've come full circle...


Daddy!


Pool time, mountain style!


Rose Hill Martini



Granddaddy, you wouldn't believe where she made us go!


Audie & Uncle Lance





No comments:

Post a Comment