Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 12 - June 11, 2011

Day 12
June 11, 2011

We got up early - courtesy of Bear - around 7.  It was kind of a crazy morning, trying to get everyone fed, packed, and the car loaded...one tiny elevator in the back of the hotel.
Our first stop was the Capitol.  As it was a Saturday, in June, it was pretty empty and we toured it without incident!  The kids even did a scavenger hunt.
Next, we hit the FSU campus.  Took them to the book store and the Business School.  I felt oddly detached...I was there for so short a time.  Then we went to the library & they let us go inside.  So different!  All computers:(.  The phone both, where  I used to call Barb (crying), which led to her inviting me to live with her and her dad to attend FAU - was still there!  Couldn't believe it! 
It was soooo HOT.  The kids complained, constantly.
We hit I10 for Mobile at noon.  I listened to "Ten Habits of Healthy Moms" - happy to report I already have a couple of them!  I10 was b-o-r-i-n-g, but we got to Mobile by 4 p.m.
The hotel is awesome!  The kids were so excited because it's tall, like a skyscraper - 20 something floors.  We got a room on floor 18, with a beautiful view of Mobile Bay.
We walked all around downtown & found a pizza joint to eat in (so-so food).  When we got back to the hotel, we played Sorry and watched iCarly and Victorious...all night...zzzz....

Tallahassee - Mobile
251 miles/3 hours, 45 minutes
Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel, room 1818






No comments:

Post a Comment