Day 13
June 12, 2011
Morning started off with a major Hunter & Audrey Battle...so tired of that. Then we had a very expensive breakfast at the hotel (a downside of nice hotels), before crossing the bay to go to Battleship Park.
I was a little bit nervous to bring Barrett on a Navy ship - no clue as to how he would act. What a pleasant surprise - he was wonderful. The ship was the USS Alabama, which was commissioned during WWII.
It was fascinating to see how the Navy lived on that ship...it was so cramped & dark & HOT (granted it was June in southern Alabama). The boat was stationed in an enclosed dock, yet it still swayed a bit. I was nauseous and claustrophobic. I couldn't breathe, with the heat & Cammy on my hip as we climbed the stairs to see all the floors and get to the top! I was crawling out of my skin to get some fresh air.
Next up was a flight simulator, which added to my queasiness. I must be getting old, I swear I almost tossed my cookies!. The children, however, LOVED it! We also did a quick tour of a naval submarine...but given the heat, we did not stay in there long.
Back at the hotel, we had a carpet picnic, to regain financial ground after our breakfast. We spent the rest of the afternoon by the hotel pool. Subway for dinner and early to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment