Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 9 - June 8, 2011

Day 9
June 8, 2011

Much better sleep - we all slept till 8 a.m. - yeah!  Quick breakfast at the hotel, trip to Barnes & Noble, and a short visit with Sandy.
Decided to treat everyone to one last swim at the pool.  However, for some reason, they were all horrible.  I kind of lost it.  Our first meltdown...for all of us.
After packing the car, I went to the cemetery to see my mom & dad, which made me sad.  So, I tried to restart the day and brought the kids to the Lighthouse for lunch.  We had a "talk" and it seemed to help.  One foot note - the Lighthouse has gone downhill, food was terrible.
We drove to Sarasota in just over an hour, but I did have trouble keeping my eyes open.  Late afternoon driving is rough, but it was so good to see the Nashes:).  We had a quick visit and dinner with them, before they all had to head out to the ballpark.  Jake had a baseball game, so Hunter & Audrey went with them.  I stayed behind with Cammy & Bear - who swam, while I watched/read.  Then I watched the CMT awards, which Kid Rock was hosting.
Jake's game was really long, so Jay ended up bringing Audrey & Hunter home (at 10 p.m.).  Then, to my horror, Audrey had a temper tantrum...in front of Jay, because Hunter was sleeping in the top bunk, with Tanner.  Oh Lord help me!

Naples – Sarasota, FL
107 miles.1 hour, 30 minutes
Hotel:  Casa de Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment