Day 7
June 6, 2011
We had a good-bye breakfast with Ed & Kelly & my tummy was hurting. I hate saying good-bye to my family and friends. There were too many "I wish you all still lived heres." Val stopped by to see the kids and say good-bye, too. She seemed sad:(.
After final good-byes and a Starbucks stop with Val, the Storm & I pulled out of Lauderdale at 10:15. Easy drive across the Alley!
First stop was Nana Natalie's (who looked fantastic), who graciously made us lunch, while I used her washing machine. Then we took the kids to the Naples Pier, where we were lucky enough to see dolphins!
Then we stopped by Naples Leather for quick Costantini "hellos." Once we got to the hotel, we decompressed a bit before dinner. Then we met Lisa & Michele at the Cheesecake Factory. Dinner was great - Fresh Vegetable Salad! Lisa seemed upset, not sure why...but we still had fun. The kids were good enough to earn dessert.
We finished the evening with the "Naked Man Incident." It was very funny! When we pulled up, I saw a naked man walking around his hotel room. I froze, trying to figure out how I could get the kids out of the car, without them seeing...when I heard Hunter shriek, "Oh dear God!" I asked what was wrong (knowing full well) and he said "I accidentally saw a naked man!" - all the while covering his eyes:)> Audrey started asking, insistently, "Where? Where?" Then the man turned around! I screamed! Hunter gasped...Audrey kept asking, "Where?" Finally....he closed the blinds! Life on the road....
Fort Lauderdale to Naples, FL
110 miles/1hour, 45 minutes
110 miles/1hour, 45 minutes
Hotel: Naples Residence Inn, Room 107
No comments:
Post a Comment