Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 26 - June 25, 2011

Day 26
June 25, 2011

We had a crazy breakfast at the hotel.  It was packed!  A mob scene.  A lot of the people were in their PJs...seriously? No fresh fruit either.  I was getting a 'tude, so I asked the front desk if we could check out early and they were fine with that Yeah!  After the Alamo & Riverwalk, the only thing left to do was Sea World and I did not want to attempt that without Rich.
                It was a three hour drive to Houston.  Easy drive, until we got off at our exit.  The traffic was insane.  It took us 45 minutes to reach our hotel, which was less than a mile from the exit.  I was a little hesitant when I saw the hotel.  It was completely surrounded by an iron fence, with an electronic gate (memories of Memphis).  It was a Residence Inn and it was a motel style (or an old apartment building?).   The location was great though, across from the Houston Galleria.  The room itself was dark and dingy and there was a broken elevator, but we were hot and tired, so we stayed.
                I was weary of the traffic, so we walked across the street for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  The restaurant was packed!  Texas is a rockin.  We found out that Kelly Clarkson had been singing in the Mall, not even an hour prior to our arrival!  We'd just missed her....so that was the reason for the traffic.  Timing.
                After dinner, we walked the three story mall, which was filled with top-end designer stores.  Very cool mall....and people everywhere, all carrying shopping bags.

San Antonio - Houston     190 miles/3 1/2 hrs
Houston Residence Inn Galleria

No comments:

Post a Comment