Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 22 - June 21, 2011

Day 22
June 21, 2011

We had a lazy morning, as we all slept till 8a.m.!  I took the kids to Barbie's for breakfast, while Rich stayed at the hotel to work.  After breakfast, Barbie, the kids (minus Bear) and I headed downtown to Dealy Plaza and the School Book Depository.
                The museum in the Depository was pretty cool.  They had large picture boards with lots of pictures and information.  It was on the same floor where Oswald had been.  The area and window where he stood was glass encased.  I took a picture (not knowing it was going to be big deal)...wow!  They pounced on me, I'm surprised I wasn't kicked out, or that my camera wasn't confiscated.  After the museum we walked Dealy Plaza, which is much smaller in person (isn't it always?).  But it appears unchanged after 50 years.
                Barbie took us on a mini-tour of her town & then we hung out at her house for the rest of the afternoon.  Barbie popped open a bottle of champagne and we toasted & cheered until Jeff, Rich & Bear arrived.  We had a great dinner, too.  Miss them.






No comments:

Post a Comment