Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 32 - July 1, 2011

Day 32
July 1, 2011

We all had a very good night's sleep - surprisingly.  I made the kids breakfast and did some laundry, before heading out on a coffee quest.  Then - the car wouldn't start.  Things were seriously going downhill...why?  I called triple AAA and Onstar - and it was very confusing because of the guarded gate - and my diminishing patience - and the increasing temperatures.  Finally, another condo guest jumped me.  Then I drove around for 20 minutes, to keep the engine running, all the while draining a gas tank that was already blinking "Low Fuel" at me.  It was a very close call.
Back at the condo, we applied sun block and hit the beach.  That's when I discovered my phone was missing.  I'm dead serious...just a calamity of misfortune.  I spent two hours retracing my steps and returning to the surf shop, gas station and coffee shop (twice).  What a mess.  It was gone.  I gave up and took the kids to the beach. 
I emailed Rich with my predicament...and he told me to call him with Onstar.  The closest Verizon was 90 miles away.  A mess.






For dinner, I walked across the street with the kids, to a "rustic" seafood restaurant.  When we got back...I started packing to leave the next day - it was time to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment