Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 31 - June 30, 2011

Day 31
June 30, 2011

We had some housekeeping (and discipline) maintenance to attend to in the morning.  The kids had piled up all the pillow and comforters and been jumping on them - sending feathers flying everywhere (only my room was feather free).  Total mess.  I had to help them clean (which led to a feather headache) and then I had to find the maid, so they could apologize.  Then, at the valet, my car was dead and they had to jump it.  Not a good start.
Drive wasn't too bad and once we crossed the bridge to the island, I stopped at Publix, before heading to the condo.
As soon as we pulled up, I knew we were going to have a problem.  The place was old and very rundown.  It looked like*****.  Our trip up stairs (via an old, rickety & smelly elevator) confirmed my worst fear.  Old and not cared for and not even close to being clean.  I was so not happy.
Oh, and btw, Orange Beach is on fire...literally.  There's a HUGE fire right accross the street...all you can smell is smoke.
My plan at this point, given it was already 3p.m., was to stay one night.
The kids and I went to the beach, only to discover, I wasn't too thrilled with my fellow beach-goers, either.  What a bummer.  I was so distraught, I just made chicken nuggets for the kids and went to bed early.

New Orleans – Orange beach, AL
194 miles/3 hours
Condo on the beach





No comments:

Post a Comment