Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 29 - June 28, 2011

Day 29
June 28, 2011  

We were a little slow this morning after our late night.  We had a late buffet breakfast and then hit the road to the Big Easy.   It was a nice, easy drive and we arrived at the hotel in an hour.  We lucked out - they had our rooms ready - both of them, connecting & feather free.
After check-in, we hit Canal Street and jumped on the street car for Uptown.  It was about 30 minutes to the Loyola Campus.  The ride was very surreal for me.  I took the kids to the College of Communications and we went inside to the Deans Office, where I worked.  It looked the same!  Loyola's Campus is small, so I was able to show the kids EVERYTHING (lucky them).
We went in the Dana Center and tried to eat lunch in the cafeteria, but it was closed.  We got sandwiches and snacks in the "Loyola Market" (new).  I also dropped some coin in the bookstore.  Final stop was the dorm - Buddig Hall.  The girls at the desk buzzed us in, which was nice.  They asked me if the dorm had been haunted when I lived there.  I don't remember that.
We walked over to Tulane and Broadway Street where all the Frat houses are - they looked better than in the '80s.  I took the kids to Audubon Park (walked - they whined).    It was SO HOT!  We walked the whole park, to get to the Zoo...long & hot, but the zoo was closing at 5 (we got there at 3:30) so we had to skip it.  Then, we had to walk all the way across the park, back to St. Charles, to get the street car.  The kids were so mad at me.
Aud & Cammy fell asleep on the way home.  We cleaned up at the hotel and then had dinner in the French Quarter.  I was going to take the kids to café Du Monde for beniets, but it started to pour.  We got caught in a major downpour.  We ran all the way back to the hotel, laughing & screaming.  Good times!

Baton Rouge - New Orleans
73 Miles/1 hour
New Orleans Marriott










No comments:

Post a Comment