Day 30
June 29, 2011
Still in New Orleans and we had a full day. We got up early and headed to the Zoo (drove this time). We stayed for 3 hours (until the heat became unbearable). It was awesome. The kids were so excited, especially when we saw the elephants. I stand by my opinion, New Orleans has a great zoo! We saw everything, but the primates rocked. Especially the gorillas (who also rocked 14 years ago when Rich and I visited). We saw then at feeding time and it was so cute.
We ate lunch there - expensive and gross. Then I took the kids on a short tour of uptown - the Carrolton Ave area. I showed them where Cookie Time used to be, and then we got ice-cream.
We drove back to the hotel and left the car. We walked the Quarter, where I showed them Jackson Square, the French Market (did some shopping), Café Du Monde, Pat O's and Bourbon Street.
We were sooooo tired when we got back to the hotel, but also hungry. We got ready and went out again. I gave up looking for a good restaurant and settled on the Parrot Restaurant. It was perfect for the kids, for me...not so much.
On the way back to the hotel, we stopped at the "Hippie Gypsy", a head shop masquerading as a dress shop. Aud & I each got a dress and then we went to the hotel & early to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment