Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 27 - June 27, 2010

June 27th
My back was killing me this morning, when I woke up.  I slept hard, but the mattress was just as hard (and perhaps decades old).  I had to have Rich pull me out of bed, literally.  It took a cup of strong Smith coffee to get me moving. 
At some point during the weekend, without my knowledge, my daughter agreed to go to church with her grandmother…so, although I didn’t want to go, my Catholic guilt got to me.  I’m ashamed to admit I haven’t been since Hunter’s First Communion
St Mary’s is a beautiful little church and the service was nice.  The priest talked about focus and commitment.  (It was so appropriate and really hit home).  If anything this trip has taught me, I’ve lost focus and commitment.  I’m really no longer great at anything…just somewhat good at a lot of meaningless and, sadly, meaningful things.  I’ve given up on a lot of dreams.  That’s so not me.
After we had cupcakes and grape juice in the basement, followed by some playtime on the playground.  When we were done, my calculations concluded we still had time to kill in order to miss Rich, dad, Bear & Hunter’s departure for the party.  So we hung out in Kroger for an hour…I kid you not.
I drove home real slow and watched a cool storm move in over the mountains.  I was beautiful.  At the house, Rich and dad were working on a ceiling fan…so my plan backfired.  And, Rich was lobbying for me to go to the party in his place.  Not gonna happen.  In the end, Rich and mom went, briefly.  Just what in the world is such a big deal about turning 16?  I don’t get it.  When I turned sixteen, the big thing was getting your license, which was gift enough.  I’m not sure if you can even drive anymore, at sixteen.
Dad and I had cocktails while they were at Mamaw’s.  He’s tired.  I feel bad.  He’s had such a rough year, health-wise, and it shows.  I pray that I‘m able to take great care of myself and I avoid pitfall of cruel diseases, and stay vital for my grandchildren.  For Barrett.  I hope.  I pray.
Nice dinner, early to bed.

Silly Band Award:    They were all good.
Quote of the day:   Audrey, after our hour of hiding out,  “Kroger is my new favorite store.  I got makeup, magazines, paper dolls, and they have food too.”



No comments:

Post a Comment