June 29th
We hit the road nice and early….with me mostly packing the carJ. We had pleasant drive to Knoxville. We tried to get Rich to hang with us, but he wanted to go home. I almost buckled…and went with him, but I really wanted to see the trip through to the end. Aud threw a fit, because Rich was flying home and she wanted to be on the plane…so that was fun.
I stopped at the bookstore to get a new audio book, even though we technically had only 3 hours of road time left. Turns out, it was a good one, Summer Affair by Elin Hilderbrand (I could have kept on goingJ).
Anyway, we got to Chattanooga fairly quickly, no troubles. I was a little surprised when we got the DoubleTree – our room was tiny. I don’t know what I was thinking. I thought it was a suite hotel. Not. Very, very small!
We had lunch downtown and then headed to the docks. I took the kids on a boat ride down the Tennessee River. I was nervous, to say the least. Seriously, my nervous with bubbling over, but I really wanted to see if we could do it. In the end – we did. Bear didn’t try to jump over-board and the ride was cool. The boat was a huge motor boat, so at times, we went really fast.
After, we went to the hotel pool. Fortunately we were the only ones there, although there was a weird moment when one of the hotel’s maids sat with me and got way too personal. TMI!
The other excitement of the day was when Aud got her hand caught in the elevator door at the hotel. How she didn’t lose some fingers, I will never know. She was doing something she shouldn’t (playing with buttons & trying to stop the door so Hunter couldn’t get out), so perhaps a lesson was learned? Don’t play with elevators. I did feel terrible for her, she sure was terrified. The shriek alone, stopped my heart. Risk Management was called and I had to fill out a report. But she was fine.
We ordered dinner in the room for our last night. I was tired, but also sad…our journey was coming to an endL.
Miles traveled: Rose Hill, VA to Chattanooga, TN 186 miles/3 ½ hours
Hotel: DoubleTree Hotel, downtown Chattanooga
Silly Band Award: All of them!
Quote: Hunter, “I can’t believe this is it!” after I told Hunter we were at our last hotelL.
No comments:
Post a Comment