Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 28 - June 28, 2010

June 28th
M&D’s dog, Zoe was running around our room last night about 3:30, which woke up both Rich & I…then he tossed and turned (per the usual), which prevented me from getting back to sleep.  Consequently, I began to think.  Nothing good comes from thinking in the wee hours of the morning.  I hate it.
When I finally do drift back asleep, it is short lived because a damn fly starts buzzing around my head, loudly.  I turn the fan on fast, to keep him away, which works…until the kids start filing in, one, by one.  So, I get up.
The day, weather-wise doesn’t look promising.  It’s hot, humid and overcast.  This doesn’t stop Bear from getting in the kiddie pool, that has to have more foreign objects floating in it than I’ve ever seen.  Gross.  I tried to scoop out as much as I could, but still…gross.
Today we were going to see Mamaw.  Mamaw has tons of knickknacks….talking & singing stuffed animals in particular.  The kids love it.  Rich and I are ready to run for the hills after five minutes….only so many singing frogs you can take. 
Mamaw looks good, the same, actually.  She always has her hair done, always in pajamas and socks.  The only sign, to me, that she’s slowing down is that she didn’t ask us if we wanted to eat every five minutes…and there was no chocolate pie waiting for Rich.
By the time we got back to the grandparents, the skies were dark!  The rain was whirling around in all directions and Ron & Evelyn were heeding all kinds of warnings.  At one point, the wind blew the patios table, chairs and umbrella across the deck so we were told to take cover.  Cover was an alcove under beneath the garage stairs.  The kids took it like troopers….never a dull moment on our road trip…
We had an early dinner, followed by homemade blackberry cobbler…from berries Rich and his mom picked in the morning.  It was so delicious.
Fell asleep watching the College World Series with Hunter.  Go Gamecocks.

Silly Band Award:  All four, for braving the worst of Mother Nature.
Quote of the day:  Ron, after the torrential rain, “To the folks around here, light rains bring peace of mind and general wellbeing.”
Hunter, to mommy, “Yes your majesty, Queen of the childrens.”




No comments:

Post a Comment