June 26
After we stayed up till midnight (again) talking about the early days…meeting Mike…and the small little things that happen to put people in your life that lead you down the path…to your children…yes, we can get deep, in the midnight hours….Rich promised me he wouldn’t crack the whip in the morning.
He was true to his word. But he felt that the late hour, 10 a.m., when we were packed and loaded….necessitated our skipping breakfast in favor of a sit down lunch…somewhere in the middle of Kentucky. I agreed, with a concession for coffee…although the troops were not to happy, so I negotiated breakfast bars for them.
The Blue Grass Parkway, in Central Kentucky, is beautiful. Even I, not much of a nature lover (unless it involves a coastline) marveled at it. When you look long enough, it really does look like the grass is blue! We stopped in Danville, KY for lunch at O’Charley’s. With the exception of Hunter literally running into a waitress, sending one of her food-filled plates flying…it was a peaceful lunch.
I read on the way, finished The One That I Want, by Allison Winn Scotch. Loved it. It really made me think. I love books that make me think.
So, before I knew it, we were trudging up the pebble road to Rich’s parents’ house, “Smithberry Farm”.
They had a blow up pool already for Bear and the rest of us just exhaled. Dinks, dinner, chill. Nice.
After dinner we, we took a ride around the property and had so much fun. Even me! I can’t quite explain it, but the pictures sure do. After our ride, we had Birthday Cake for Daddy. Good day!
Miles traveled: E-town, Ky to Rose Hill, VA 201miles/4 hours
Lodging: SmithBerry Farm
Silly Band Award: Barrett
Quote of the Day: Audrey, “I’m going to write a book someday, all about my brother…it’ll be about fighting. “ Swear. To. God. History Repeats Itself….
No comments:
Post a Comment