Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 23, June 20, 2012

Day 20 – June 20, 2012

Pittsburgh, PA



Wow – 93 degrees in the Steel City.  Finally…nice, hot (I’m crazy, remember), summer weather.  Patty’s kids all had swim lessons/meets in the a.m…so I hung with the kids at the house and continued my laundry.  Then we packed lunches and headed to the pool (In Pittsburgh you don’t have neighborhood pools, you “join” a pool). 

Well, this pool was huge and had a diving board.  The kids were in hea-ven.  But of course there are lots of rules, which Bear didn’t like to follow.  So there was a learning curve, but we got into the groove.  It was a great “beachy” afternoon.   In Pittsburgh, people!

It gets betterJ.  We went home for an early dinner and then took all the kids into the city. What a pleasant surprise.  Pittsburgh is a very pretty cityJ…seriously…see the pictures below.  We took the kids on an incline train up Mt. Washington, which offers a great view of the city.  Beautiful. 

Then we went to Station Square, which gave us the ground view of the city.  We fed the kids ice cream and then walked along “the fountains”….and eventually, the kids were soaked.  Oh Well.  Everyone was happy.

Not a lot of juice to share today - just a good day.  I was, sadly, reminded today that life is precious.  So I didn’t much care when Barrett didn’t follow the pool rules, or if they got ice-cream all over their clothes, or got soaked in the fountains.  I’m going to enjoy the chaos.  I am very lucky.

Thank you Patty and Family.  We had a wonderful visit!  Back to Ohio tomorrow (and a visit to West VA) & Auntie Kiristen.


Playing Headbandz


Playing Wii

Bear getting ready to dive



The Steel City



Allie & Patty - with our 7 kids!  NO WAY we imagined this in 1993!!!!



My 3 sons:)


Waterfalls gone wild

Soaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment