Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 25 - June 25, 2010

June 25th
We’re getting lazy.  I’m okay with thatJ.  By the time I finally opened my eyes…at 9 a.m., Rich was gone (with the car) so we were kinda stuck.  The continental breakfast would have to do.  We arrived so late, that we had the whole “café” to ourselves.  Hunter and I watched ESPN together (and the thrilling recap of the Red Sox/Rockies overtime game).  A nice, lazy morning.
We got back to the room and I read while the kids watched TV…in no time, Rich knocked on the door, to take us to lunch, at 11…uh-oh.  Lunch?  We went with him, but none of us really ate.
After we dropped him off at work, I took the car for an oil change, followed by a trip to Funtopia Park.  It was hot.  There were only a few other kids there.  We didn’t even last an hour, before their four sweaty heads and red faces asked to go back to the Hotel.  I was planning on showers and then another Barnes & Noble trip, but Rich had given me a cable for internet access (my wireless hasn’t been working) and once I plugged in…I lost track of time.  How sad is that?  I really hadn’t had serious internet time all trip. I felt really bad, but the kids weren’t really complaining either….because they got some serious TV time.  Junkies.
We picked up Rich from the office and headed to Mike and Dana’s for dinner.  Mike and Dana are (were) the owners of the company Rich works for.   Years ago, back in Lauderdale, Mike was a client for ORIS technologies (where Rich and I met).  Eventually, Mike hired Rich away…and moved us to Atlanta.  He was our first Georgia friend and we spent a lot of time together as a threesome in our pre-married days.  Mike was a groomsman in our wedding and met us in Tampa, when we had the big TTTS surgery during my pregnancy with the twins.  He’s a very good friend.  Family.
Early in our marriage there was another new company, which purchased a Kentucky company, owned by Dana.  Mike and Dana fell in love…and the rest is history.  They’ve been very busy growing their company over the years (and Mike moved to Kentucky when they married), so we don’t see them near enough.  They’ve been extremely good to Rich over the years and spending time with them is always fun.
Their home, “Bowerberry Farm” is gorgeous.  The house could easily be featured in any number of design magazines.  Dana has excellent taste.  They also have pool…so the kids, after storming their house and barely saying hello, jumped right in.  They were occupied, so the adults were able to visit.  It was so relaxing…the kids were really good, too.  Mike took them all for ride on “Henry” – his macked-out golf cart – even let them drive.  They were in heaven.
I think we probably overstayed our welcome!  I looked down at my watch, while Camden was sleeping in my lap - and it was 11 p.m.  Time flies when you’re having fun.   We found Mike on his front porch, scratching a sleeping Audrey’s back, holding Barrett on his lap, showing Hunter the stars.  Family.

Silly Band Award:  All four….Miss Dana gave each of the kids their own BAG of silly bands.
Quote of the day:  Camden, “No, I want to stay home, mum.” – when I told him it was time to go to the Bower’s.  Poor guy is thinking of hotel rooms as home.
Camden, “On Monday mum…no, no, on Tuesday.”  - when Miss Dana asked him when he was going to be potty trained.




No comments:

Post a Comment