Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 18 - June 17, 2011

Day 18
June 17, 2011

Okay…we are in Kansas City (really Overland Park).  LONG freaking DAY! Left St. Louis at 8:15…by 9:15, I was on the side of Interstate 70…it was almost Pitch Dark…swear to God.  Phone DOA…Semis and buses pulling over….truly didn’t know what to do.  I used Onstar…to find out if there were tornadoes in the area, since I had no access to weather via phone or Rich. (Don’t know why I didn’t turn on the radio…blonde moment).  All they could tell me was that the Missouri River was flooding…I said I was nowhere near the river…they called Rich…then I asked the bus driver…he told me to keep driving…if I see a tornado…drive the other way…okay…I’ve seen videos of cars flying…but whatever dude. So I kept driving…trying to stay calm for the kids. Black, black, black & then the rain started….sheets…om...g, SoFL has nothing on the Midwest storms…in the middle of this…my phone rings…Lisa…she had a “feeling” something was up…I always suspected she was a “witch”, with her feelings...and the only person in the universe that was able to reach me from 8-10!
Anyway, we made it safe…eventually…to the Kansas Speedway.  Hunter was in heaven.  Then we went to the hotel. For all you who say I am the best mom ever…I’m faltering…tired.  If another bottle of lotion, shampoo, gel, conditioner, or whatever explodes in my ziplocks, I’m gonna lose it.  Barrett and his “Rubba dubbers” have us all banging our heads…and Cammy has the stinkiest feet I’ve ever smelled, since I lived with my dad and brother.  I haven’t exercised in weeks and I’m sick of road food. I’d say “Calgon take me away…but the tub doesn’t look all that clean.  Tonight…I’m gonna have that 2nd glass of wine…order room service and dial up a movie.  Stick a fork in us.
On the upside…we get to see daddy tomorrow…yeah!!!!

St. Louis – Kansas City, KS
240 miles/4 hours, 30 minutes Day 18
Hotel: Overland Park Marriott, Rm 205





No comments:

Post a Comment