Day 15 – July 13, 2016
Provo, UT – Bryce Canyon National Park
239 miles – 4 hours
Temp – 96 degrees.
We had another four drive today, which got us to Bryce
Canyon just after lunch time. The park is very, very pretty, but smaller than
I’d anticipated. We explored it mostly by car, and were finished after a couple
of hours. I hate to admit it, but at this point the parks are starting to blend
together a bit for me. Audrey kept asking me which one was my favorite of this
trip, and I couldn’t come up with one.
The kids all gave me a hard time because we’re staying at a
Best Western. Spoiled, spoiled, and spoiled. They are Marriott people, for
sure. Hunter was particularly surly
about our accommodations. Thank goodness for Camden, who always tries to look
on the bright side. He told me that he was quite impressed that the bathroom
had two sinks.
The kids were on my nerves today – and each other’s. And I’m
sure I’m on their nerves.
We had dinner at a different Best Western, located across
the street from our hotel, which offered a dinner buffet. As you would expect,
I was less than enthused. I am dying for a nice healthy meal.
That was it – a rather uneventful day. It’s kind of sad when
you see the pictures below.
Quote of the day:
Hunter was crashed on the couch in the hotel room,
pretending to be asleep during our “reading hour.” Audrey was complaining that
it wasn’t fair that Hunter didn’t have to read like she and Camden did. Camden
said, “Audrey maybe he’s just tired.” And then after a beat he said in a stage
whisper to Audrey, “Nah, he’s just tired of US.”







No comments:
Post a Comment