June 12, 2014 – Day 16
Boston, MA
I got up and went to the gym this morning. I was hoping that it would help improve my
mood, but no such luck. In addition to
the complaints I made yesterday – I’m having an adversarial relationship with
the “woman” who navigates from my car’s dashboard. I’ve never had one of these systems before, but
can now relate to all the sitcoms that portray drivers getting mad at their electronic
navigators. I want to kill mine. If I didn’t love my new car so much, I would
have punch the screen on the dash.
Whatever her name is ran me through all the tunnels under Boston this
morning, on my way to pick R. up from the airport. I was
so frustrated. Then, when I tried to
call my husband to tell him I was running late and that half the drivers in
Boston had yelled at me or flipped me the bird, “she” suddenly doesn’t
understand me. The name and phone number
that I’ve dictated to “her” hundreds of times is unrecognizable and therefore
the call cannot be connected. And there
was no way I could take me eyes of the road to dial my phone.
Yeah, good times.
I got to him eventually and I think that once he saw my
frazzled state, R. wanted to get back on the plane. Not going to happen!
We headed to Lowell, because R. had never been there and
wanted to see my mom’s house and all the other nostalgic sites. I was also on a mission to find my Grandfather’s
foundry. I have nobody to ask the
questions about where it was, when it closed and what it produced so I’ve been
doing my research with the Lowell Sun
and the Pollard research library. I was
armed with some information, but no address.
At this point, I’m pretty certain the building was demolished.
We hightailed it down to Quincy, where we stayed the night
before heading out to the Cape for the weekend.
We had a fabulous dinner in Quincy (Alba’s steakhouse) and the kids were
miraculously well behaved!
I’m hoping for a nice relaxing weekend on the Cape (although
the weather does not look promising), so I probably won’t post a blog each day
as it will be eat, drink, beach, sleep, repeat.
I’m certain I’d bore you all. I’ll
condensed the weekend into one post on Monday!
Happy Father’s Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment