Day 8 – July 4, 2013
Tucson, AZ – Phoenix, Z144 miles/ 2 hours
Temperature 107
Marriott Canyon Ranch Vacation Villas
Well for days now, the kids have been hounding me, “When are
we going to see the Cochrans?” So when
we woke up this morning and Rich asked me if we wanted to take the kids to the
pool – I was like, “No. We need to get to Phoenix, so the kids can see their
cousins.” (And so they’ll leave me alone!)
We had a very quick drive north, to Phoenix. I was nervous that we wouldn’t be able to
check in, as we got here before noon, but we lucked out. The property is amazing! In no time, we were reunited with Jeff, Jan,
Susannah, Jackson & Elizabeth and hanging out by the pool. The pool is huge, which is a good thing,
because you would not believe how many people are here. It was packed. It’s been a very long time since we’ve been
somewhere this crowded. We typically hit
places in the off-season, both for the cost and to not stress out about the kids
and a crowd. But this was the 4th
of July, so giddy –up!
It was HOT, about 104 at one point, I couldn’t even walk on
the cement by the pool without shoes.
But there’s no humidity, so I thought it was quite nice, although I have
a feeling I may have been in the minority.
Around 5:00, I brought my boys back to the room (Rich was
already there, working), while Audrey opted to hang with her cousins. She and Beansy (Elizabeth) are thick as thieves. I probably won’t see much of her over the
next week.
We gathered up the troops, to find something to eat. I was elected the DD and Jan opted to stay at
the hotel, so it was me and nine children (including Rich and Jeff). Jeffy, who I love dearly, was on my last
nerve – he knows this, and we’re all good, but I was about to open a can of whoop-***
on him last night. That’s all I’m going to say, because he’s
practically the only family I have left, and I love him very much.
Early to bed, as I think everyone was worn out from the
heat, excitement and swimming!
Quote of the day:
Jeffy! But I can’t
print it here!
Never get sick of this!
Uncle J & Bear
Jackson
Susannah, Audrey & Elizabeth
Jeffy & Cammy
Daddy & his boys
Can you tell by the look on my face I'm over him?
Impossible to get all 7 to look and smile at the same time!
Yes - believe it or not, we ate at Mimi's Café! Mimi was Jeff's mom and my Aunt, who passed away about a month ago.
Rich, Cam, Jeff
Great picture of Hunter!
We lost two at dinner!
Happy Fourth!

No comments:
Post a Comment