************UPDATE! Hunter and I stayed up and watched the second half of the Celtics game wooohoooo! Game 6 - in Bean Town & we'll be here:)!
Day 8 – June 5, 2012
Day 8 – June 5, 2012
Norwich, CT/Boston, MA
1 hour, 45 minutes/94 miles
Okay - day 8 and Barrett finally flipped his lid. And he did it in grand style! Oh boy…
Still cold, rainy, and very grey…this may be contributing to Bear’s crazy behaviors (please let it be only weather induced). We hit Dunkin Donuts after loading the cars and headed north, to Gillette Stadium. All the while Bear was singing, screaming laughing…driving us all crazy. When we asked (begged) him to stop…he just laughed.
We got to Gillette Stadium and I have to tell you….my heart swelled with pride when the kids started screaming (with Joy, any haters reading this). The boys ran to the opening of the stadium. Oh, it was so cold and windy! Can’t even imagine what it’s like in November, December & January.
We skipped Patriots Hall, as we saw it last time, and there’s no new Super Bowl trophyL (Save it!). I really wanted to go to the Pro Shop and stock up on new shirts. All kids were willing, as they were chilled to the bone. Lucky us…we were the only ones in the store. That’s when Bear gave me the slip, when I was reprimanding the other three (who were behaving like JA’s running through the store screaming about the Pats). I couldn’t believe Bear dogged me, he’d been so good! I sent Hunter to check out the bathrooms (he’s not happy unless he christens every establishment we visit). No Bear.
I wasn’t panicked, for real, because I could HEAR him. The guys who worked there marveled at how calm I was, lol! Not my first time at the rodeo boys! Anyway…I’ll skip the boring details…but I found him upstairs admiring the Patriots artifacts…apparently, he was not pleased that I’d told them “no go” on the Hall. So Bear got a free museum tour.
Next stop, JFK Library. (Did I mention it was cold & dreary?!?!?) It was kind of depressing, driving up to the building. Last time I was there was 15 years ago, with Marcie and her mom. It was COLD then (Mid-April), but bright & sunny, not a cloud in the sky. But, I digress. The guy selling the tickets (about $60 dollars CHEAPER than Clinton’s Library, last summer!!!!) loved us! So much nicer than Mark Twain guy. I told him about how Hunter did his JFK research paper/speech and he put together a folder with extras for us.
First stop…the theater for an introductory film. My M.O. for these situations has been to hand my phone to Bear and let him “YouTube it”, with the volume off, of course. We’re about 10 minutes into a 17 minute movie and I’m totally relaxed and very optimistic about our chances of enjoying the museum, after the movie, when I hear a very large crash. Holy **** Barrett (out of frustration at bad internet connection in the theater…I’m assuming) hurled my phone forward, towards the screen. It flew four aisles and narrowly (inches!) missed hitting a woman in the head. The crash was the phone hitting the back of her chair. I. About. Died. Wow! This was a new one. Every eye in the theater looked back at us (we were in the last row, in case we needed a fast exit, in the event of a temper tantrum…this I did not prepare for). I profusely apologized, and with head down, went to retrieve my phone.
Tenacious bunch that we are….we soldiered on and totally toured the museum and saw another movie (Cuban Missile Crisis). Oh yeah!
Checked in at the hotel, explored Quincy a little…dinner…at Cheesecake Factory and binging on TNT (again…what a guilty pleasure!) I’m exhausted.
Pouring, kids wouldn't get out of the car.
Smith Boys, running.
Hunter "sitting" at Robert Kennedy's desk
Boston,from accross the harbor
Lookin' like Southies
No comments:
Post a Comment