Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 10 - June 10, 2012

Day 10 – June 7, 2012
Boston, MA       

I decided to go easy on the kids today, given their epic, historical journeys of yesterday.  We slept in till 7 a.m. and hit the road at 8 a.m….in search of a Laundromat.  We found one rather quickly and I dragged the kids in.  While I did our laundry, they read, played with the phone or got in knock-down-drag-out fights over the doodle pad (Bear & Cammy). 
After laundry (never fun, but it was kind of nice getting three loads done in just over an hourJ), we headed north to Lowell, so I could do a drive by of my mom’s childhood home and put flowers on my grandparent’s graves. 
Then we went back to Lexington and did the Minutemen National Park.  They had a very cool, 30 minute, interactive presentation about the events of April 19, 1775, along the battle road. 
Somehow we timed it perfectly and met Uncle Louie and Aunt Mary right on time.  I was a little nervous about my children, given the last time we dined with Louie & Mary - they were out of control.  I’m happy & relieved to report that all went well.
We went to Barnes and Noble for well over an hour, because the skies opened up and it was easier to hang out.  Then we meandered our way back to the hotel and I was looking out the window and what did my wandering eyes see???  Oh, just the birthplaces’ of John Adams and John Quincy Adams, right there, 10 feet from the side of the road, literally, at a busy intersection in Quincy.  I did a quick pull over and then met a Park Ranger who gave me the skinny.  We missed the last tour, so we’re going to go back on Monday, after the Cape.  Rich is definitely going to the Cape with us (yay!), he’ll love to see that!
We got a pizza for the room and watched Mirror Mirror, which was really good.  And now we’re tuned into the Celtics, which so far, ain’t lookin’ too good.  Cape Cod tomorrow!!!  Home sweet homeJ!
Bear & Aud passing time at the laundromat

Camden was fascinated by the high speed dryers, with see-thru windows!



Minutemen Museum

Lunch with Uncle Louie & Aunt Mary

My accidental discovery.

John Adams' birthplace (1735)

Birth place of John Quincy Adams (1767)

Aud & Hunter, never missing a photo op!

No comments:

Post a Comment