Day 5 – June 2, 2012
Rehoboth Beach
Last night the weather was wild. Lots of rain and according to the weather report, Rehoboth Beach was under a tornado watch for most of the overnight hours. It was overcast and chilly in the morning, so we walked over to Rehoboth Avenue again, for coffee and donuts. Then we cruised the boardwalk, as the sun teased us with a game of in-and-out ( and we) decided what to do.
We finally decided that a cold day at the beach is better than no day at the beach. Ginny drove over and joined us. The kids were very good, much better than the early years at the beach. Unfortunately, the "no swimming sign" was up again, so they had to make do with just getting their feet wet. Audrey and Camden buried bottles of sun block in the sand – all the while gathering new friends. Hunter and I took turns bringing Barrett back from food-stealing missions. He tried to take one couple’s pizza (on the beach?) and succeeded in scoring some French fires from a group of teenage boys.
After a few hours at the beach, Gin and I took the kids to putt-putt golf, which was fun. Then it was an early dinner before bidding Gin & Martha adieu. Kids are watching some Disney movie and I am pre-packing for tomorrow’s departure. We’re taking the ferry (car and all) to Cape May. Wish me luck…I am nervous about this leg.
Donuts on the boardwalk
No swimming
Gin & I
Cammy & Audrey and some new friends
Bear did not care for putt-putt
No comments:
Post a Comment