Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 2 - May 30, 2012

Day 2 – May 30, 2012
Richmond,VA-Gettysburg,PA
175 miles/3 hours
An uneventful day makes for a boring blogJ.  Apologies in advance.  We all had a wonderful night's sleep, since everyone got AT LEAST 8 hours…heaven.  Gym time, showers/baths/breakfast…on the road by 9:30a.m.
Easy 3 hour drive.  Northern Maryland is so beautiful.  Oh, there was one little bit of excitement.  We stopped at a rural 7-11 for a potty break.  I was in the restroom with Aud, when I heard a lady yelling & she kept yelling…  I poked my head out – yup, the 7-11 lady was yelling at my 3 boys.  I gave her my automatic disclaimer about Bear, and she’s like,” Not him – him!”  She was pointing at Hunter.  He apparently opened and closed the ice cream freezer multiple times, despite her requests to stop.  Shame on him, but she totally lost it. Even Audrey said, “She was a harsh.”  Sheez.
Staying at a Wyndam hotel tonight – very nice, kids keep saying it’s like the White House.  After early check-in, we went to Gettysburg and drove through the battlefield, which… wow, I feel bad saying this…is so pretty.  We climbed a huge water tower to get a birds-eye-view and you could see for miles and miles.  Eventually, we found the museum and saw a movie (which Barrett mercifully sat through for 15 minutesJ) and then experienced the cyclorama.  It was cool, but totally not worth the money.
Subway for dinner and pool time…huge in-door pool all to ourselvesJ.  Sweet.
Tomorrow, Valley Forge & Philly.


                                                 Birds-eye-view of Gettysberg Battlefield



                                  Monument to the fallen Pennsylvania Civil War soldiers

Poor Abe

3 comments:

  1. Say hi to my sister in MD! She's hosting a ton of family this weekend for Jack's graduation. Haley has her big Spring Show this weekend so I can't go. So bummed. Looks like a great trip so far!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell...I texted Big A last night, we're at a Wyndham...very nice:) Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, that's great! Glad it's a nice one. :o) Miss you, too. :o( I look neurotic with all the different smiley faces. Lol.

    ReplyDelete