Day 16, June 14, 2018
Cannon Beach, OR – Salem, OR – Crater Lake NP – Medford, OR
407 miles/8 hours
Damn! I am exhausted! We woke up at six, showered, packed up
and headed down the coast to Salem, OR. The capitol building was a bit unusual,
having and art-deco architectural style. It was the third capitol building for
Oregon – the first two burnt down. This one was completed in 1938 and designed
by the New York Architect _________. I already forgot his name. sorry.
The next leg of our journey was very long, but paid off with
some amazing views. Lots of mountains, lakes, and tall pines. I’ve been wanting
to see Crater Lake ever since I read Wild
by Cheryl Strayed. Her description of the lake intrigued me so that I Googled
it while reading the book. I knew that one day I would have to see it for
myself. It was created by a falling meteor and the results are breathtaking.
The water is so blue, you’d thing you were in the Caribbean, except for the snowcapped
mountains. So cool.
Our final stop was Medford, OR. Sorry, I got nothing, just a
place to sleep. And let me tell you, momma was tired!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow –
California and reinforcements.









No comments:
Post a Comment