Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Monday, June 8, 2015

Lambertville, MI - Days 4 & 5

June 6, 2015 – Day 4
Monroeville, PA – Lambertville, MI
261 miles/4 hours
Chez Cochran

Oh, Momma woke up this morning in the throes of a major allergy attack. I’ve encounter feathers somewhere in my travels and/or it’s something regional. Ugh. As a result, I was feeling sluggish, which made our drive back across Ohio tough. Especially since it was overcast and all Turnpike driving. Boring!

We arrived in Lambertville, MI (a suburb of Toledo, just over the state line) at 2:45. My cousin Jan greeted me with her latest creative libation, Hippy Juice. I drank slowly, as the children (Jan and Jeff have three) all got reacquainted. The sun was out in Michigan and the kids wanted to swim, so Jeffy and I took the kids up to the neighborhood pool. Although the sun was out, it had done little to warm the water. It was so cold! The kids didn’t last too long.

Jeff cooked out – and we ate like kings. My allergies got the best of me, so I turned in rather early, around 9:30. I couldn’t even keep my eyes open long enough to read! Barrett and Cammy were also members of the early-to-bed club.


Speaking of reading – that’s a good Segway to tell you about a great book I just finished listening to. The Royal We, by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan, is a story loosely based on England’s William and Kate. I loved it. It’s clever, funny, and juicy! Highly recommend.


The kids playing volleyball.


Uncle Jeffy


Audrey with her cousins Susannah and Elizabeth.

June 7, 2015

Lazy, lazy day. Pool time, bike riding, volleyball, NASCAR, movies, eating and reading. That’s all she wrote for today, folksJ!

Quote of the day. Cammy: “I don’t know where you grew that attitude, but you need to plant another seed!” After Hunter uncharacteristically mouthed off to his mother.


Chilly swim day, but they're tough!


My little dude.


Audie & Beansie, pedaling it old school!


No comments:

Post a Comment