Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Columbus


June 4, 2015 – Day 2

Elizabethtown, KY – Columbus, OH

259 miles/4 hours

Columbus Airport Marriott


Our Elizabethtown visit was very short. We had breakfast and before I knew – we were on the road. Thank you Mike and Dana!

It was an easy and uneventful drive to Columbus. I was going to let the kids swim when we got to the hotel, but there was no pool. Somehow, I was not burned at the stake for this. I sent Hunter to the gym, to run, and I caught up on emails, etc.

We met Kristen (Hunter’s Godmother) and her daughter for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Kristen and I caught up – and the kids hung in there (although one of mine was definitely eavesdropping, and I fear, filing information away). Then we walked around Easton Place (much like the Avenue) and spent some time in Barnes and Noble. The ladies bid us adieu around 7:30, because Madison had finals the next day. We returned to the hotel, and went to bed early.

Are you bored yet? Sorry! The beginning of the road trip is loaded with visit to friends and family. Hunter said to me tonight that “it didn’t feel like we were on a road trip.” Adventure is coming, I promise! In the meantime, Mom at least is enjoying catching up with loved ones!

The kids with Mike & Dana

And with Madison - who is now almost 16 and about to be a Junior in high school!!!!


Hunter and Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment