Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 1 - May 28, 2014



Home – Rose Hill, VA

310 Miles/5 hours

Smithberry Farm


We left home around 11 am, which was very late for us to depart on day one of a road trip adventure.  We had a short drive in front of us and I wanted to Caravan with Rich, since he was joining us in Rose Hill.  He had an appointment and a conference call, which is what delayed us.  We stopped for a nice lunch at J. Alexander’s, in Chattanooga, and rolled into Grandmom’s and Granddad’s by 5:15 p.m. – in time for happy hour.

Seriously, that’s all I have to report on our first day!  Very uneventful.  I fell asleep reading a book with Barrett sometime around 9:30.  As we were dozing…Rich, Granddad and the other three children were running around outside, catching fireflies.


Right before take off (Hunter opted to ride with Dad).


Welcome to Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment