Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 2 - Chillin' In Rose Hill

Day 2 – May 29, 2014
Rose Hill, VA – 85 degrees
Chillin in Rose Hill.

Rose Hill has been scheduled as our last stop on most of our road trips, so starting this summer with a visit to the grandparents shook us up a bit.  Rose Hill is a very peaceful place, where things slow down.  We chill out and relax.  In the past, it’s proven to be the perfect antidote at the end of our journey, for a stressed out Momma.  When I'm here, I can sleep in.  I don’t have to worry about dining venues or the kids, because there are many adults on hand to help.  So honestly, I feel out of sorts starting here - like we’re not even on a summer road trip.  Case in point – I was up at 6 a.m. this morning, ready to go...


We spent the day visiting family, eating and hanging out.  I got some blogging done (which is good because Thursday has become a busy day for me).  Sadly, I once again have very little to report.  I will let the pictures do the talking.  Tomorrow we’re heading out on the road – for realJ.  West Virginia, here we come! 


Feeding Uncle Stan's horses.


Tasting the honeysuckle.



Visiting with Mamaw.


Cousin Justin, Audrey & Amber.


Watching TV....


Audrey, showing her young cousins how to taste the honeysuckle.


Watching a storm roll in over the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment