Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Day 22 - June 19, 2012

Day 22- June 19, 2012

Cleveland, OH – Pittsburgh, PA

147 miles/2 ½ hours



Woke up and Rich was gone…always a sad feeling.  Then, when the kids wake up, they get sad all over again, too…even though they knew when they went to bed, that he wouldn’t be there in the morning.

As the trip goes on, and the cash dwindles, I resort to extreme measures to save money.  Our room was as far from the front door as you could possibly be.  I was going to need a bell cart, or it would take me about two hours to get the luggage to the car.  I searched for the bell carts, to no avail (I suspect they were locked up because of guests like me, trying to dodge the bellman).  As I sipped my coffee and scoped out the various exits, I hatched a plan.  I moved the car to the very back of the hotel and carried the luggage down two flights of stairs, through the fire exit.  Hunter and I had the car loaded in 15 minutes (and met the laundry guy, Skip, who total knew what we were doing…but whatever).

We were running a little late, because I made a small detour to visit the grave of a friend, and so we got to Patty’s with no time to spare.  I literally dropped the kids off and profusely thanked her husband, Brandt, who’d agreed to watch my kids and his kids (seven total!), while Patty and I visited the Frank Lloyd Wright designed house, Falling Water.  It was amazing!  You have to visit it, if you’re ever in Western Pennsylvania.  An architectural marvel (although, once again, no pictures inside).  I only got a few outside, as I’s forgotten my camera in our rush, so only had my camera phone.  I was nervous about Bear and how he may have been behaving (turned out he was fine), so I didn’t walk around the property after the tour to get the awesome waterfall viewsL…but here’s a link to the site.


We rushed back to Pittsburgh (Falling Water is a little more than an hour east of the city) to relieve Brandt.  The kids and I had a dinner date with our former neighbor, Mr. Jim.  We had a good dinner and it was great to see him.  Kids were so-so, I was a little embarrassed.

Patty’s children had swim meets, so we chilled at her house.  Baths and laundry and the kids played with TOYS!!!!!!  They are so excited to be here. 

Visiting Pittsburgh tomorrow (we’re in a suburb).


Falling Water



Toys:)!





No comments:

Post a Comment