Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 21 - June 18, 2012

Day 21 – June 18, 2012

Cleveland, OH



How did we end up in Cleveland Ohio for two days?  I don’t know what I was thinking.  I’m very grateful for little Forsyth County, let me tell you!  Cumming peeps, we got it goodJ.

I talked Rich into watching Barrett, while I took Aud, Hunter & Cammy to Canton, to see the NFL Hall of Fame.  Once again, poor Richie had to workL.  Canton’s about an hour south of where we are, but it was all interstate, so I was able to catch up on some phone calls.  Sorry I’ve been bad about calling back, promptly.  When Rich is here, I try to be present, and not on the phone, and of course, in Canada, I was incommunicado.

The NFL Hall of Fame was very cool and a must-see for fans.  It’s in a strange location - literally adjacent to the interstate!  I also think it’s a little dated.  Built in the 60”s (I think, from what I’d read).  The section of the museum, which is beneath the football, smells very musty.  But you forget about it once you start to soak in all the exhibits.

The low point of the day was the film…Road to the Super Bowl.  I thought it would be about the event and all the Super Bowls…nope, it was just about this year’s Super Bowl.  It was torture.  I looked over at Hunter and he appeared to be tears, and I was getting a headed ache, watching it all again.  SUCKED.  I asked for my money back when we left, but they wouldn’t do itJ.  Hunter said he wasn’t going back again, until the Patriots won the Super Bowl (ahem…again).

We hung out by the (indoor) pool for a few hours.  Our hotel is not in a nice area, but I must say, the hotel itself, is very nice.  We were the only ones at a very big pool, so it was cool.  The skies have been grey for two days (OHIO!!!!) and the thunder is getting ominous, so we are planning on dinner in the hotel dining room (a first!) and dial up movies.

Rich leaves tomorrow…we won’t see him for 15 days.



Jim Thorpe Statue



No comments:

Post a Comment