Day 18 – June 15, 2012
Kingston, On – Toronto, ON
172 miles/3 hours
Easy departure from Kingston, and honestly, I was a little reluctant to leave. What a great little town.
We cruised west towards Toronto and were making very good time. I wanted to get to the Toronto airport early, as Rich and I didn’t have our phones (turned on) and no texting! We’d have to do an old school airport pickup. Well, about 15 miles from the airport (according to my totally unreliable and most likely useless metric calculations), I hit a wall of traffic. Brutal. ATL has nothing on this. Good to know we still have survival skills, without modern technology!
Rich was (and is) swamped with work, so sadly, we had to drop him at the hotel (we’re staying close to the airport). Poor guy. So the road warriors and I headed into the city. We did our typical (much to Bear’s chagrin) walk around…CN Tower, Blue Jays Stadium and the Lakeside. Very pretty city, but sooooooo crowded. Awful traffic. But it was a gorgeous day!
I took the kids to the “top” (not really the top…about 80% up) of the CN Tower (the tallest building in Canada), I have no idea how many stories it was…as it was in measured in the metric system. And from what I can tell…it was just a needle, with some restaurants and observations decks, not a true building,….like the Empire State Building or the Twin Towers. It’s a tourist deal. Any-hoo, views were beautiful…but I confess, I was not that dazzled, as I didn’t know the lay of the land. Sorry to the Canadians...I’m an American girl.
Seriously, I’m a little off? Not sure why. I have three very close friends who were born and/or raised in Canada…but I can see why they live in the states today. It’s all a little off. I know, I’m an arrogant Yankee…forgive me, but I can’t quite explain, what I’ trying to say…obviously!
Traffic coming back from the city sucked and Rich worked till almost 6! We grabbed dinner close to the hotel. Back to the good ole U.S.A tomorrowJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As you can see, I have pictures. Uploaded Montreal (June 13), but for some reason yesterday's batch is giving me trouble:(...hopefully Rich can, AGAIN, help.
Audie in our road trip t-shirt
1st glimpse on the CN Tower
View from the top
Hunter lating on the glass floor
Kids - Toronto, lakeside (Lake Ontario)
My old stomping grounds....such a fantastic city!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and love your road trip t-shirts! So cute. :o)
ReplyDeleteThnak you! The Canadians loved it....we were stopped a few times!
ReplyDelete