Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 4 - June 3, 2011

Day 4
June 3, 2011
Weather is glorious!  But I did wake up feeling lousy - my cold kicked my butt and I had heat rash:(.  Aud & Cammy also had strange bug bites?!  Ah...life on the road.
After breakfast we took another beach cruise (after a Starbucks stop!).  I packed swimsuits this time, so they could really get wet.  They all got in and the joy on their faces as the waves broke on their bodies was priceless.
Back at the hotel, we were greeted by Daddy!  He surprised us with a rented, electric blue, convertible Mustang.  Hunter was in heaven.  We had lunch at Piranha Pats (dark & dungy) and then hit the hotel pool for the afternoon.
After swimming, I took all the kids to Barb's (who was graciously babysitting for the night).  Val met Rich & I at the hotel and we headed to Aruba for the "Shooters Reunion."
It was kinda cute - Val was nervous to see everyone.  For some reason, I was not.  Rich was cool.  I know he didn't want to be there, but he put on a happy face.
After over an HOUR - No Shooters' people!  I was not happy and felt bad for Rich, so I sent him to Barb's.  Just when Val and I had decided to bail as well, Elaine and 2 other girls showed up.  Then Donna & Tom, then Nicki, then Steve, Deb & Rafi, then Brent...surreal.
We had a really good time.  It was kind of crazy to be back with everyone.  I almost felt 25 again...for a little while.  Then it was 10:00p.m. & I was ready to go!  So, not quite 25 again:)!

Quotes:
"I love that part!" - Cammy, when the waves crashed on his legs.
"Bring it waves!" - Cammy, asking for more.
"Are you serious?" - Audie, arms in the air, yelling at the waves after they tackled her


No comments:

Post a Comment