Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 2 - June 1, 2011



Day 2
June 1, 2011

We got up about 6:30.  I tried to sneak to the gym for 30 minutes, but Audrey was NOT having it.  So I settled for a short coffee run (lobby).
Aunt Pauline came for coffee and hung out with us by the pool.  We chatted - about everything!  Age mellows everyone & she seems happy - content.
We hit the road for Fort Lauderdale at 11:30.  It was an easy hour drive.  I love those:)!  The kids were so excited when they saw Uncle Rob.  One of our rooms was ready early, so we were able to change for the pool and eat lunch.  I made some more PB&Js (to a chorus of groans!).
Barb and the kids joined us at the pool and we had a great time.  Ben & Abbey have grown so much.  Anna stopped by to say "hello" - we set a date for the following night to catch up.
Barb took Aud home with her, so the boys and I were able to relax before going to dinner at the Lewis House.  But then I couldn't find Bear's yuck-yucks, which caused my heart to sink.  I called the Jensen Beach hotel, practically crying.  They called housekeeping - nothing.  I called my Publix in ATL and they gave me a couple options - nothing cheap or easy.  I was panicked.  Then, of course, I found them in one of our many bags.  Drama!
We had a great dinner with Barb, Rob & the kids.  Everyone got along!  Rob and I solved the world's problems (over wine, of course) while Barb bathed ALL the kids.  We were home by 9:15.

Quotes:
Cammy "I don't like sunscreen, I don't like music & I don't like dancing..."
Really Cammy?  What do you like?
"I like making salad with you!"

Jensen Beach – Fort Lauderdale
70 miles/1 hour, 10 minutes
Hotel:  Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East, Rooms 118 & 120





No comments:

Post a Comment