Road Warrior Momma
Saturday, June 2, 2018
Day 1 - Nashville, TN, May 30, 2018
Day 1, May 30, 2018
Atlanta - Nashville
256 miles/4 hours
Not much to report today. This day/destination was added on late in the trip-planning stages, to alleviate some of the stress and hours of the long days ahead in our quest to get to the northwest coast.
Our only "tourist" stop was Ann Patchett's bookstore, Parnasuss Books. As you can imagine the children were thrilled. I've been wanting to visit for years, as she's one of my heroes - not only as a writer, but for having the chutzpah to open a bookstore when everyone told her that bookstores were going away. As if! The store is beautiful, and I'm happy to report, crowded. In keeping with my New Year's resolution (to not walk past an Independent bookstore without buying a book), I bought a book (or two).
After checking in, we went out for dinner. We were staying in the Germantown area of Nashville, which is a little haven for foodies, but not for four picky children. Our first restaurant was recommended to us by the front desk clerk at our hotel. Very cute and hipster, with nothing on the menu I could even begin to trick the kids into eating. We asked if there was a Children's Menu, and were told there was not. Camden's reply, "Well goodbye sir!" He attempted to excuse himself from the table, as the waiter pleaded with him that they could "do something." Alas, we ended up at some crummy pizza place down the street that served boxed wine. And the sky turned black and opened up with a fierce down pour, which meant I was truly stuck.
Not many pictures, as I am kind of phone-less. I have my work phone, but it is an iPhone and I don't know how it totally works. Yes, I'm sorry, true statement. I've always had an Android phone (long story), and I have no patience when it comes to learning technology.
Bookstore:
Menu at hipster restaurant:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment