Day 19 – July 17, 2016
Las Vegas, NV – Scottsdale AZ
320 miles – 5 ½ hours
110 degrees
Today was a long, hot day. The drive form Vegas to
Scottsdale was mostly barren. And at times the topography actually liked like
we were on a different planet. The drive was also long because it seemed as
though every 45 minutes, someone had to go to the bathroom and we were
literally in the middle of nowhere. I’ll let your imagination fly with that
one.
We stopped at the Nevada-Arizona border to see the Hoover Dam.
Wow. It’s mind-blowing. I was nervous because often when you hear how big something
is, and see many pictures over the years, what you’re seeing doesn’t match up
to the hype. In this case, it did. It’s cool. We didn’t stay too long though –
it was hotter than hell.
We arrived at the Camelback Inn at 4p.m. We hung out at the
pool and then went out for an early dinner. This hotel is one of all my all-time
favorites. I love it here. We’re nesting for a couple days to rest, do laundry
and celebrate Camden’s 9th birthday. I’m going to take a few days
off, but will catch you up before we start heading home.
It's this weird? It's like another planet?












No comments:
Post a Comment